Run towards the Roar Series - Finding your purpose
I really spent time praying through the information that I shared with the women at the conference and it seemed to be received really well. However, I had this continued pressing on my heart for several days afterwards to share this message with others as well.
Thankfully we live in a time when it's very easy to share your message with others. So I busted out my iphone and after a few deep breaths I hit the FB Live button!
In this video I shared some guiding advice on how you can find your purpose, the process, and the importance of prayer in all of it.
My mother - in - law always told me that God would use everything I learned in life and nothing would be wasted. It reminds me of the scripture Romans 8:28 that says...
"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose."
I call this our "failsafe". Because God uses all things for our good we shouldn't let fear stop us from doing the things that God puts on our hearts to do.
Honestly, I cannot tell you what your purpose is. Only you can do that for yourself. Only you can determine what truly makes you happy.
But I'll give you a clue.
Your purpose doesn't change even if your vocation changes.
- When I was a wellness coach I couldn't help but encourage my clients towards their goals.
- When I speak at events I can't help but to encourage my audience to push past fear.
- When I make a movie I can't help but make stories that are inspirational.
What are you doing consistently in your life without even thinking about it no matter what you are doing or where you are? That's a clue to your purpose, my friend!
So what is the actual process to finding your purpose?
Most people don't come out of the womb knowing what their purpose is. It's a painful and long process for most individuals who desire to live a full life.
There is no one way to figure out what you were put on this earth to do but I can tell you that you need to at least include these three things in your process:
1. Push past fear - You have to develop the ability to recognize fear for what it is and do "it" anyway. People who are doing amazing things aren't more special than you. They just know how to punch fear in the face and keep going towards what they want in life. Your purpose lives on the other side of fear.
2. Be willing to try and fail - That's where that failsafe of Romans 8:28 comes in. You MUST be willing to fail in life to discover your purpose. Those who are living out their purpose don't look at failure in a negative way, they see it as just another step closer to their purpose. They believe that if they keep trying and don't give up they will eventually become who they want to be.
3. Know who you are in Christ - My mother always said this phrase to me growing up. It really bugged me to be honest. I had no idea what it meant. Well I'm going to tell you what I think it means. It means knowing what the scripture says about you as God's child. It means figuring out they unique gifts God gave you and embracing them. It means asking God to help you see yourself as He sees you.
Remember this about yourself - 2 Timothy 1:7 says...
"...for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control."
You weren't given a spirit of fear! Know this and believe this. Identify fear quickly and recognize that it's not God's spirit that is making you afraid.
On the journey of finding your purpose in this life it's important that you cultivate a life of prayer and communication with the Holy Spirit. It's important to get guidance from the One that knows you best when you are making decisions and choices in your life.
I like to think about it like pivoting in business. When many entrepreneurs grow in what they do they will pivot, or make adjustments as they learn more about their niche and specialities.
I think that is the same with us in our lives. As we learn more about ourselves, what we like or don't like as well as improve our skills - we can pivot away from things that suck our energy and don't fulfill us.
You can actually pray about things you don't understand or questions that you have and get counsel from God Himself! It's important in a world over run with free knowledge to NOT rely on everyone else to give you direction about your own purpose.
I did that for a long time and it only resulted in depression and frustration. Keep your eyes on God and keep your ears open to the spirit in order to find out for yourself what your purpose really is.
Wish you were at the conference? I got you. I recorded everything I talked about and packaged it into a free three day audio course for you along with a work book you can use to dig deeper into understanding what is holding you back from living your best life.
Day One: I share some guiding advice on the process on finding your purpose as well as the importance of prayer in the midst of it all.
Day Two: I take time to dive deeper and share some personal "roars" in my life and two practical ways you can run towards the roar in yours.
Day Three: Dive right into another awesome tactic for running towards the roar, getting rid of fear, and making moves towards your purpose.